As promised, Joshua Cowan is working on keeping the helicopter up to date, but he has gone even further.
The Boeing 737-800 has been updated with sleek FMOD sound effects in X-Plane 11.35! FMOD sound reacts to the physics of the world, and everything you do makes a difference in what you hear. Hear the doppler effect on the engine noise, or note how different switches sound. In this video we take a tour. Hello, everyone. For quite some time I've been working with the author of the fantastic Nhadrian Mod of Carenado's Cessna 152. If you don't know it, you should DEFINITELY check it out. He has enhanced and updated the original plane way beyond what it used to be (with offical permission by Carenado).
X Plane 11 Fmod
Not only it has been updated, the model was actually upgraded. With the inclusion of FMOD, the B222 climbs a notch or two.
Designed and integrated an FMOD sound pack for the 222’s, replacing the former SASL code that was used for sounds. FMOD is a high quality commercial 3D sound engine used to create realistic sounds and is the preferred sound engine for X-Plane 11. Sounds used to be around 2,000 lines of SASL code along with several folders full of audio files. Now sounds for the 222’s consist of one folder with 3 files at about a tenth of the former size. FMOD is more efficient and boasts a highly immersive 3D audio experience. This is a huge upgrade.
But that’s not the only improvement. The following areas also got some love:
- Rotor animations
- Rotor flex
- RPM inc/dec switch
- Fuel system logic
- Hydraulic system
- Electrical system
- Doors datarefs
- Search light updates
- Random animation updates/fixes
- Xchecklist updates
- Missing ADF functionality
Read the full changelog where all these items are described more deeply. Joshua Cowan also talks about the future of the 222 and the ongoing optimizations by both himself and Laminar Research. It’s well worth the reading.
X Plane 11 Zibo Fmod
About Sérgio Costa
Since then he has been primarily a helicopter flight simmer, trying his best not to crash and kill all his virtual passengers.
Sérgio is HeliSimmer.com's editor and writer and one of the Three Grumpy Simmers, a YouTube series and Podcast produced together with YouTubers Bel Geode and NovaWing24, obviously dedicated to flight simulation.
In our forums
- Rotorsim Ec135 5.02 May, 04, 2021 17:25:03
- AS 350 Rain May, 02, 2021 13:49:18
- Flyinside B47G Helicopter released April, 30, 2021 12:06:52
- Eurocoptor EC130 B4 - blank Screens and no analogue guages April, 30, 2021 12:03:35
- Fly Inside Bell 47 for MSFS April, 29, 2021 10:49:43
- My personal take on the H135 April, 25, 2021 15:15:33
- ICARUS/CARLOS PALACIO AW139 SAR V2 Download April, 22, 2021 11:24:58
- Nemeth Designs about P3Dv5 April, 21, 2021 19:27:48
- Test flying the first helicopter available for MSFS April, 19, 2021 08:04:19
- BELL 429 and 429 WLG April, 18, 2021 01:14:20