X-plane. Sounds Blogspot
SimAcoustics has released their own FMOD sound pack for the Cessna 172 for X-Plane 11. If you don’t know what FMOD is, it is a sound mod which is used by many aircraft in X-Plane 11, but it is especially used in the car simulators. A good example is ZIBO 737. Sure I did that. I’ve followed multiple times the easy x-plane tutorial video: X-Plane Developer Using FMOD with X-Plane X-Plane Developer. This guide explains how to use the commercial FMOD sound engine to add custom sounds to aircraft in X-Plane 11. Drag and drop 'fmod' and 'sound' folders into default (Boeing 747-400) or mSparks (747-400-master/Sparky 744) 747 main folder OPTIONAL: If you want to add GE engines to your aircraft, open the GE folder in fmod, then drag '747-400.snd' into the fmod folder.
February 12, 2021
In their first release since February 2020, NKDesign have launched the Cessna C140 for X-Plane 11. The developer had previously made a Columban Cri-Cri for the same simulator.
The C140 is NK's second foray into aircraft design after the aforementioned Cri-Cri, however, the developer also has experience in FMOD sound pack creation and scenery design, having created a default 747 sound pack and Brighton/Shoreham Airport previously.
The feature list is split into four parts, which are available below:
Authentic Replica of the Cessna 140
- High quality 3D model
- 4K Textures used throughout
- Aircraft makes full use of PBR material rendering, and this varies by livery
- Menu for swapping in/out various visuals and items; Add Fairings, Chocks or even a working action camera if you see fit!
- Wearable sunglasses and headset that can be seen on the pilot
- Six liveries included
- Paint kit included
Immersive 3D FMOD Soundscape
- A complete FMOD soundpack, including authentic recordings of the Continental O-200 that are affected by camera directionality
- Wearable headset affects the audio around you when worn; muffled sound, static when turned on etc
- Multiple sounds used for single switches/levers, meaning manipulators will rarely sound the same
- Convincing interior atmosphere that will change based on various conditions
- Model is FPS optimised
- Ultra HD 4K Gauges makes for easy reading
- ’Physical’ notebook serves as options menu for ergonomic convenience
Learn more about NKDesign's previous aircraft release, the Colomban Cri-Cri, in a previous article.
Alternatively, you can grab the new Cessna 140 for $20.00 USD from the X-Plane.org Store here.
Threshold encourages informed discussion and debate - though this can only happen if all commenters remain civil when voicing their opinions.
© 2018 - 2021 Threshold AS
All rights reserved.
SimAcoustics has released their own FMOD sound pack for the Cessna 172 for X-Plane 11. If you don’t know what FMOD is, it is a sound mod which is used by many aircraft in X-Plane 11, but it is especially used in the car simulators. A good example is ZIBO 737.
Fmod X Plane Download
As the developer stated, it is a premium quality sound package using the new powerful FMOD sound system they built a sound environment to a level of detail “never heard before”. The main features of this sound package are authentic engine sounds, realistic sounds for equipment, true to life system and control noise of the G1000 navigation unit, detailed airflow and weather sound effects. It is also optimized for VR. As noted, the soundpack is available for Cessna 172. The compatible add-ons of this aircraft are listed below.
- Authentic engine, propeller and exhaust notes
- Realistic sounds for all equipment inside and outside of the aircraft
- True to life system and control noise of the G1000 navigation unit
- Detailed airflow and weather sound effects
- Ambient (nature) noise that makes the world come to life
- VR Ready: Optimized 3D placement of every sound source
- Works on 3 different models (AirFoilLabs, Carenado and Laminar Research)
- Compatible with AI controlled aircraft
Aircraft add-ons compatibility
- Laminar Research default C172
- AirFoilLabs C172
- Carenado C172SP
Toliss A319 Fmod
The soundpack can be found on the X-Plane.org store for $19.95.