Hi! Got an English text and want to see how to pronounce it? This online converter of English text to IPA phonetic transcription will translate your English text into its phonetic transcription using International Phonetic Alphabet. Paste or type your English text in the text field above and click “Show transcription” button (or use [Ctrl+Enter] shortcut from the text input area).
The top 5 companies are the best transcription jobs hiring now, #6 is just a job to get your feet wet. Everything despite #6 has a 3.6 rating or higher from Glassdoor. I wanted to provide a list of remote transcription jobs with a good reputation so it took me some time to sift through the bad ones.
- Choose between British and American* pronunciation. When British option is selected the [r] sound at the end of the word is only voiced if followed by a vowel, which follows British phonetic convention.
- International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA) symbols used.
- The structure of the text and sentences in it (line breaks, punctuation marks, etc.) is preserved in phonetic transcription output making it easier to read.
- An option to vary pronunciation depending on whether words are in stressed or weak position in the sentence, as in connected speech (checkbox “Show weak forms”).
- Words in CAPS are interpreted as acronyms if the word is not found in the database. Acronym transcriptions will be shown with hyphens between letters.
- In addition to commonly used vocabulary the database contains a very substantial amount of place names (including names of countries, their capitals, US states, UK counties), nationalities and popular names.
- You can output the text and its phonetic transcription along each other side-by-side or line-by-line to make back-reference to the original text easier. Just tick the appropriate checkbox in the input form.
- Where a word has a number of different pronunciations (highlighted in blue in the output) you can select the one that agrees with the context by clicking on it. To see a popup with a list of possible pronunciations move your mouse cursor over the word.
Note that different pronunciations of one word may have different meanings or may represent variations in pronunciation with the same meaning. If unsure which pronunciation is relevant in your particular case, consult a dictionary.
- The dictionary database is regularly amended with most popular missing words (shown in red in the output).
- The text can be read out loud in browsers with speech synthesis support (Safari – recommended, Chrome).
Legal Transcription Jobs From Home
A client has requested a transcription in English of audio files and wishes the final document to be in.docx format (Word file). The transcription must include the time stamps. I have so far been using Amara.org as my transcription platform, which doesn't allow for conversion into this format. Transcription services are cheaper than ever, and a growing number of computer-powered transcription services have forced prices down further. Years ago, transcribing an hour of audio could easily cost over $120, but today you could hire someone on Fiverr to do this for you from $5 for 10 minutes of audio. Many transcription services charge a set rate based on the length of the audio or video recording to be transcribed. This rate takes into account the fact that transcribing an hour of audio always takes longer than an hour — especially if the transcriptionist has to frequently rewind the recording to capture exactly what was said, which can happen if a speaker talks very quickly or has a. Whether you need to share the content of a meeting or quickly parse an interview recording, using a transcription service is a good way to outsource the otherwise labor-intensive task of turning.