We independently research, test, review, and recommend the bestproducts—learn more about our process.
If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission. Car GPS trackers are an important tool for parents of teen drivers or caretakers of elderly parents. They allow you to discreetly track location, driving habits, and emergencies, while still giving kids and parents the freedom they want. Most units feature a compact design that is perfect for placing in a seat or door pocket, glove box, or center console, but some have a magnetic mount for exterior placement. Monthly or yearly subscription fees ensure continuous coverage, as well as real-time tracking via dedicated apps; you also can set up email or text notifications if a vehicle leaves its dedicated area or if the SOS button has been pressed.
Some units even let you monitor a live audio feed for added peace of mind in the event of an emergency.
- Others have removable, rechargeable batteries, letting you have several on standby for quick change-outs when the unit needs power.
- We've gathered our top picks below and broke down their most important features to help you decide which is right for you.
- What We LikeExcellent batteryEmail and text notificationsMagnetic placement options.
- Excellent battery.
- Email and text notifications.
- Magnetic placement options. The Spytec STI GL300MA is designed to give you peace of mind when letting teens drive on their own or if you're caring for elderly parents.
It works with a mobile app to give you real-time tracking updates, as well as the ability to set up a geo-fence.
- You can buy additional batteries so you can keep one at-the-ready when the unit needs a charge.
- The compact design is great for placing the unit in a glovebox, center console, or seat pocket, and magnetic attachments let you place it in a wheel-well or on the chassis frame.
- The monthly operation fee gives you access to all features, as well as 24/7 customer service.
- What We LikeExcellent battery lifeIncludes SIM cardUses Google Maps.
- Excellent battery life. Includes SIM card. Uses Google Maps. Exterior-mounted GPS units are exposed to all kinds of weather and environmental conditions, and the LandAirSea 54 is built to withstand it all.
The weatherproof outer casing protects vital components from dust, water, and harsh sunlight to keep it in perfect working condition day after day.
- The built-in, rechargeable battery lasts an impressive six months on a full charge, meaning it has virtually zero maintenance.
- You can set up text and email alerts for tracking parameters, so you can react quickly to elderly parents or teens who may need help.
- The 5 Best GPS Trackers for Hiking, Cars and More in 2022.
- What We LikeNo battery neededDiagnostic infoRoadside assistance.
- No battery needed. Diagnostic info.
Roadside assistance. Bouncie Driving Connected Review. If your teen is starting to drive on their own for the first time, the Bouncie GPS tracker can give you peace of mind and help keep your kids safe. It plugs into any OBD2 fuse box outlet, meaning it doesn't require any sort of battery for power, and it also can provide diagnostic information to spot engine or vehicle issues before they become disasters. The free mobile app updates every 15 seconds for near real-time tracking with color-coded routes and driving habit information. The company also provides roadside assistance for battery or fuel issues and flat tires, letting your teen access emergency help even if you can't get to them.
Best for Parents:Bouncie GPS Tracker
Where Can I Buy GPS Tracking Device For Elderly
The tracker has a magnetic plate for easy placement on a chassis frame, wheel well, or bumper. With the included SIM card, you can quickly and easily set up your account and unit for use right out of the box. The 7 Best Dash Cams of 2022. What We LikeInternational use1 year tracking historyMultiple battery nodes.
Who doesn't want the best GPS? Let senior drivers be worry free and enjoy the road!
International use. 1 year tracking history.
What Are The Best GPS System For Elderly
Multiple battery nodes. If you're willing to spend more to invest in a quality GPS tracker that offers tons of features, the Americaloc GL300 is the best choice.
GPS Tracking Bracelet For Elderly
This unit can be used in the US, Canada, and Mexico, and sends you text or email alerts in English or Spanish. You can access up to one year of tracking history on your laptop, smartphone, or tablet with the companion app. The app lets you set up geo-fencing and monitor information like movement, idle time, unit battery life, and if the device is powered on or off.
Best for Elderly:PrimeTracking PTGL300MA
The front button on the unit can be pressed to send an SOS signal for roadside emergencies. Americaloc offers two free months of use upon activation, with continued coverage available in monthly or yearly subscription blocks; this is perfect for anyone who only temporarily or intermittently needs a tracker.
The integrated battery lasts about two weeks on average, but also has multiple power modes to help preserve battery life even longer.