December 29, 2020
X-Plane 11.53 is an incremental bug-fix patch update which features a fix for unusable HP Reverb G2 VR controllers. Known bugs First load time with Metal and Vulkan will be surprisingly slow. This is lots of shaders/pipelines compiling for the first time; subsequent runs will be faster.
- X-Plane 11.53 fixes an issue with HP Reverb G2 VR controllers not being usable, however you may encounter additional problems with this hardware. Controller not found, or controllers swapped If you experience a missing controller, or the left & right controllers are swapped, this is due to unreliable information being provided from SteamVR to X.
- HP’s New Reverb VR Headset Bumps Up the Resolution. The price has swelled too. The Reverb bundle will cost between $599 and $649 when it ships in late April.
Hp Reverb X Plane 11
An incremental bug-fixing patch has been released by Laminar Research, developers of X-Plane, bringing the simulator up to version 11.51. The aim of the 11.5X run is to improve the simulator's implementation of Vulkan/Metal rendering, which is currently available via an option in the menu.
In addition to less frequent issues with Vulkan/Metal, the X-Plane team have bundled a bunch of other miscellaneous fixes with the update.
Here's the list of changes from beta one through three (incl. one release candidate build):
- Updated translations for most languages.
- Updated & additional joystick config files.
- Device loss crashes on Vulkan/Windows should be less frequent.
- XPD-10617 CTD when using “regenerate icons for current aircraft (and livery).
- XPD-10836 Device loss crashes on Metal/Mac should be less frequent.
- XPD-11003 Metal has been disabled for Nvidia-based Macs on 10.15 because it hangs.
- XPD-11025 Plane Maker 11.50 breaks the .acf file when periods are changed to commas.
- XPD-11028 Crash in the map.
- XPD-11030 Switching liveries a couple of times crashes X-Plane.
- XPD-11036 Fixed broken mouse cursor in 3-d cockpit with LDR and OGL.
- XPD-11038 Fixed washed out GL movie capture.
- XPD-11044 Fixed missing runway outlines on map.
- XPD-11047 Fixed option for edge blending with no warping.
- XPD-11069 Loading flight plans fails after loading a checklist.
- XPD-10832 Added camera permission string for third party apps.
- Additional log info to investigate issues with Reverb G2 controllers.
- Additional diagnostics via Aftermath for investigating device loss crashes (requires Nvidia driver 457.09).
- Portuguese translation updated.
- XPD-10194 Updated docs & override datarefs for sling object.
- XPD-11031 Nvidia driver crash in OGL when accessing settings.
- Gateway airports approved as of Nov. 24 added.
- Networking fix: Support clients talking across different IP protocols.
- Networking fix: Fixed erroneous messages about not receiving/replying from exvis machines.
- Networking fix: Fix for potential crash when changing roles.
- XPD-7986 Rain now displays correctly in multimonitor.
Release Candidate 1
- Fixed FMS file not working with X-airports with 7-letter custom ID.
- Actually remove deprecated airports.
- Find orphaned approach transitions that dangle at the end of EGLL.dat in Navigprah cycle 2013.
- Recognize more circling approaches.
- XSG-11071 Misaligned ILS at NZAA.
- XPD-11048 Can’t use ext visuals without the aircraft of the master machine in Vulkan.
- XPD-11079 Fixed inverted normal maps in Vulkan/Metal with HDR off.
- XPD-11092 Fixed cylindrical projection not working on multi-monitor with Vulkan.
In addition to the above features and fixes, 11.51 brings in 387 new Gateway airports, as well as 1,885 'improved' airports.
A number of known issues also exist, with a disclaimer that the first time using Vulkan/Metal will be quite a slow loading experience as new shaders must be compiled for the first time.
Hp Reverb X Plane 111
Here's the full list of known bugs:
- XPD-7871 Dark contrails instead of white.
- XPD-8162 Ocean tiles loading slowly & appear to be missing entirely in scenery.
- XPD-9234 Flickering cloud shadows on the ground.
- XPD-9388 Software hangs upon exit when using VR.
- XPD-9729 Contrails and wing condensation missing in replay.
- XPD-10506 First run shader creation is super slow.
- XPD-10616 Water reflection off if wave height is non zero.
- XPD-10653 ‘Heat’ turbulence in front of engine.
- XPD-10690 Blue geometric shapes that appear when scenery is missing.
- XPD-10709, XPD-10868 Plugin OpenGL drawing artifacts under Windows with Vulkan on AMD GPUs.
- XPD-11010 CTD in VR when Windows Mixed Reality button is pressed on either controller.
- XPD-11084 HP Reverb G2 Controller issues.
Simply run the X-Plane Updater to grab the latest version of X-Plane 11.
Threshold encourages informed discussion and debate - though this can only happen if all commenters remain civil when voicing their opinions.
Hp Reverb X Plane 115
Hp Reverb G2 X Plane 11
© 2018 - 2021 Threshold AS
All rights reserved.