- Sync General Discussion. A place to discuss Sync. Sync automatically syncs files between computers via secure, distributed technology.
- Resilio Connect provides unified local access to all of your files, everywhere you need them. Local changes are automatically and continuously synchronized back to the corporate office or cloud alongside other offices and remote workers. Selective Sync enables remote workers to download only the data they need while providing on-demand access.
Starting with Resilio Connect v2.10 Agents support system integrated Selective Sync functionality which is based on special Windows API. It comes to replace the legacy Selective Sync. It allows to access and download files directly using a file browser or transparently through an application.
|Original author(s)||Konstantin Lissounov|
|Operating system||Windows NT, macOS, Linux, FreeBSD, Android, iOS, Windows Phone, Fire OS|
|Available in||13 languages|
English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Chinese, Turkish, Dutch, Indonesian
Resilio Sync (formerly BitTorrent Sync) by Resilio, Inc. is a proprietarypeer-to-peerfile synchronization tool available for Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, Windows Phone, Amazon Kindle Fire and BSD. It can sync files between devices on a local network, or between remote devices over the Internet via a modified version of the BitTorrent protocol.
Although not touted by the developers as an intended direct replacement nor competitor to cloud-based file synchronization services, it has attained much of its publicity in this potential role. This is mainly due to the ability of Resilio Sync to address many of the concerns in existing services relating to file storage limits, privacy, cost, and performance.
On 24 January 2013, BitTorrent, Inc. announced a call for pre-alpha testers to help test a new 'distributed syncing product to help manage personal files between multiple computers'.
Several private pre-alpha builds of 'SyncApp' were subsequently made available to a limited group of alpha testers between January 2013 and April 2013. In mid-April 2013, the name 'SyncApp' was dropped in favor of 'BitTorrent Sync'.
On 23 April 2013, the previously private 'alpha' was opened up to general users.
As of 6 May 2013, more than a petabyte of anonymous data had been synced between users, with over 70 terabytes synced daily.
As of 16 July 2013, more than eight petabytes of data had been synced using the software.
BitTorrent Sync migrated from 'alpha' to 'beta', released an Android app, and introduced versioning on 17 July 2013.
On 27 August 2013, BitTorrent Sync for iOS was announced.
On 5 November 2013, BitTorrent announced the release of BitTorrent Sync Beta API and version 1.2 of the client, along with the milestone, having over 1 million monthly active users synced over 30 petabytes of data to date.
As of 26 August 2014, there have been more than 10 million user installs and more than 80 petabytes of data synced between users.
On 3 March 2015, the product finally exited beta as a commercial product, with the inclusion of a paid Pro version.
On 9 September 2015, with the release of Sync 2.2, in the free version, the 10 folder limit that had been introduced with 2.0, was removed.
Resilio Sync Android
On 21 January 2016 the release of Sync 2.3 introduced the Encrypted Folder  plus the ability to run as a Windows Service, to use the SDcard on Android and for paid users Selective Sync support in Linux
On 1 June 2016, product and team were spun out of BitTorrent Inc. as an independent company, Resilio Inc. which will continue development of the product under the name Resilio Sync. Former Bittorrent CEO Eric Klinker became the head of the new company.
Resilio Sync synchronizes files using BitTorrent. The user's data is stored on the user's local device instead of in a 'cloud', therefore requiring at least two user devices, or 'nodes,' to be online to synchronize files between them. Resilio Sync encrypts data with an Advanced Encryption Standard AES-128 key in counter mode which may either be randomly generated or set by the user. This key is derived from a 'secret' which can be shared to other users to share data. Data is sent between devices directly unless the target device is unreachable (e.g. behind a firewall), in which case the data will first be relayed via an intermediary node. Many devices can be connected simultaneously and files shared between them in a mesh networking topology.
There is no limit on the amount of data that can be synced, other than the available free space on each device.
Current builds of Resilio Sync are available for the following operating systems:
- Microsoft Windows (Windows 7 or later 32 bit and 64 bit)
- OS X (10.8 or later)
- Linux (web interface, also GUI available for Debian derived systems)
- NAS Devices
- Amazon Kindle
- Windows Phone
- Syncthing, free and open-source peer-to-peer file synchronization application.
- ^ ab'BitTorrent Sync challenges cloud-based file management'. BBC News. Retrieved 24 April 2013.CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- ^'Test BitTorrent Sync Pre-Alpha'. Archived from the original on 27 January 2013. Retrieved 1 January 2013.CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- ^'BitTorrent Sync Alpha Now Open To All'. Archived from the original on 7 August 2014. Retrieved 23 April 2013.CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- ^'Forget online drives, sync directly with BitTorrent Sync'. CNET. Retrieved 23 April 2013.CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- ^'BitTorrent Sync Crosses One Petabyte Milestone'. Archived from the original on 8 July 2013. Retrieved 6 May 2013.CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- ^'Behind the Scenes: The Making of BitTorrent Sync'. Archived from the original on 19 July 2013. Retrieved 17 July 2013.CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- ^'Now in Beta: BitTorrent Sync'. Archived from the original on 19 July 2013. Retrieved 17 July 2013.CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- ^'BitTorrent Sync for iOS: Available Now'. Archived from the original on 9 November 2013. Retrieved 28 August 2013.CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- ^Protalinski, Emil. 5 November 2013 TheNextWeb. 'With over 1 million users and 30PB synced, BitTorrent speeds up Sync, adds iPad support, and debuts an API'
- ^'Introducing BitTorrent Sync 1.4: An Easier Way to Share Large Files'. Retrieved 26 August 2014.CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- ^'Sync 2.0: Skip The Cloud, Share Direct'. Archived from the original on 15 March 2015. Retrieved 3 March 2015.CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- ^'Sync 2.2 Now Available'.
- ^'Understanding the sync encrypted folder'.
- ^'sync 2.3 brings more features for power users'.
- ^'Important News about Sync'.
- ^Roettgers, Janko (2 June 2016). 'BitTorrent Spins Off Sync App Into Separate Company to Focus on Media (EXCLUSIVE)'. Variety. Retrieved 10 June 2016.
- ^Mlot, Stephanie (20 June 2016). 'BitTorrent Sync Now a Separate, Enterprise-Focused Biz'. PCMAG. Retrieved 16 March 2017.
- ^'BitTorrent Sync technology'. Archived from the original on 30 August 2013. Retrieved 29 August 2013.CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- ^Sync BitTorrent, Inc. 'BitTorrent Sync'. bittorrent.com. Retrieved 9 May 2015.CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- ^'BitTorrent Sync Packages and GUI'.
- ^'Debian and Ubuntu Desktop GUI Packages for BitTorrent Sync'.
- ^'Debian and Ubuntu Server Packages for BitTorrent Sync'.
- ^'Supported Platforms'.
- ^'BitTorrent Sync: Android apps on Google Play'.
- ^'BitTorrent Sync: Appstore for Android'.
- ^'BitTorrent Sync on the App Store on iTunes'.
- ^'BitTorrent Sync 1.3 now supporting Windows Phone'.
- ^'BitTorrent Sync: Windows Phone Apps'.
- Official website
Resilio Sync Free
- melorama changed their profile photo
- melorama started following Deleted files/folders not syncing when Selective Sync enabled and 'File has been modified' errors in Adobe apps when Resilio Sync is running?
'File has been modified' errors in Adobe apps when Resilio Sync is running?
melorama posted a topic in Sync TroubleshootingIʻve been having constant issues when working with files that are being used by Adobe Creative Cloud apps (specifically Illustrator, Premiere Pro and After Effects), and when I save a modified file in any of those apps, it will warn me that the file was modified outside of the application. It does not appear that the actual data in the working files have actually been modified, though. Quitting Resilio Sync makes these errors go away. Iʻm running Resilio Sync 2.7.2 on macOS 10.14.6. My sync setup is very simple: Iʻm just syncing my local folder to folders on my NAS at work (SMB moun
Deleted files/folders not syncing when Selective Sync enabled
melorama posted a topic in Sync TroubleshootingI'm confused about the behavior of Selective Sync when deleting files on the local system. I have Resilio Sync installed on a server at work, which is the instance I used to share project files from my work NAS to my Resilio Sync instance at home. On my home instance, I sometimes add shared folders in Selective Sync mode, due to their large size on the NAS. When I delete files or folders on my home instance, the deleted object changes to a .rsls/.rslsc placeholder file on my local drive. However, the deletion does NOT get synced back to my work server. I have to actually physically d