So, you have an audio or video file that needs transcribing? Great. You’ve come to the right place. Having the ability to convert audio to text automatically saves media professionals, or really anyone who deals with audio files on a regular basis, countless hours in their day.
- Quickly transcribe audio to text online in any language. Gglot's multilingual transcription service is perfect for interviews, content marketing, video production, and academic research. Whatever audio you have, our AI audio to text transcription technology will convert it for you.
- Select a file you need to auto transcribe. Find the audio or video file that you want to transcribe.
- Temi Features, Temi News, Transcription 0. Transcribe Lecture Notes Automatically, Get Ahead in Class by Erin Myers June 11, 2018. Three hundred undergrads. Two hours of material each session. Roughly 30 or more classes in a semester. At many universities, that’s the reality of “lecture life,” especially.
- 'Temi is a game-changer for time-starved journalists. You have saved me countless hours transcribing interviews, vastly improving my accuracy and productivity.
It’s tedious work to transcribe an audio file. In fact, it takes the average person anywhere from 4-8 hours to transcribe a video that is one hour in length. For most busy professionals, those are hours that could be better spent.
'Temi is a game-changer for journalists. It saved me countless hours transcribing interviews.' Bradley Fikes, The San Diego Union-Tribune 'We use Temi to create a fast, searchable record of all our client interactions.'
Here are some ways that Temi users are utilizing automatic transcription to convert audio and video to text:
- Podcasters to reach a larger audience and improve SEO.
- Journalists to quickly find quotes within a lengthy interview.
- Radio broadcasters to make their content searchable online.
- Higher education to dictate a dissertation or lecture.
- Advertising agencies to search audio for mentions of their brand.
- Content marketers to find tweetable quotes and repurpose webinars.
And the list goes on.
If you’ve never tried our automatic transcription software, there’s more good news. Upload your first file, and we will automatically transcribe the audio to text free. Regardless of length. After that, additional files are just $0.25 per minute.
Here’s how you can automatically transcribe audio and video to text in just a few minutes. We’ll walk you through the very simple three-step process.
Temi Record And Transcribe
1. Select a file you need to auto transcribe
Find the audio or video file that you want to transcribe. Make sure that your file has minimal background noise, no heavy accents, and ideally no more than one or two speakers. Temi can transcribe audio files with less than perfect sound quality, but the transcript output won’t be as accurate.
Temi transcribes audio and video recordings in MP3, MP4, WMV, AIF, M4A, MOV, AVI, VOB, AMR, WMA, OGG, and WAV. Download or upload your file to your desktop where it can be easily accessed.
2. Go to Temi.com to upload your file
From here, uploading your file to Temi’s automatic transcription generator is super easy. Click “Select audio/video file” and grab the file that you want to auto-transcribe.
Your video will upload automatically, it only takes a few seconds.
Enter your email address to have a copy of the transcript delivered right to your inbox. You can typically expect your transcript to arrive within 5 minutes, but the process can take longer depending on your file length.
Your first file is free. If you’ve used Temi before, you’ll be prompted to login and enter your credit card information. The file we uploaded was two minutes long. At ten cents per minute, it will cost twenty cents to transcribe the file. Not bad, right?
Next, you’ll receive an email with a link to your freshly transcribed file. Click “review my draft” to check it out.
3. Download, edit or share your transcript
Within the Temi editor, you can modify, save or download a draft of your transcript into a DOCX, TXT or PDF file. You can also share a link to your file within the Temi editor with another person, but keep in mind that they will be able to edit your text.
Temi Log In
You can see how the text highlights in the transcript as the audio or video file plays — our customers tell us that this is one of their favorite features in the editor. This feature makes it easy to follow along and see the exact timestamps and speaker names synced with corresponding content.
So, there you have it. Everything you need to transcribe audio to text free (for the first file that is). Questions? We’re here to help. Please feel free to reach out to our team at [email protected]