Hello friends, Today I will share a method on how to set up Donations on Twitch. Users can use PayPal Button, Stream Labs, Twitch Bits and several other options. Your viewers can donate you any amount of money on your Twitch account. There is no limit for the donation.
- Labs streams live on Twitch! Check out their videos, sign up to chat, and join their community.
- Twitch is the world`s leading video platform and community for gamers.
/r/Twitch is an unofficial place for discussions surrounding the streaming website Twitch.tv. If you want to provide feedback, ask a question or show some quality content, this is the place for you! Free and Premium Twitch Overlays. Get yourself seen with some of these professionally designed overlays which include animated supporter bars, webcam frames, panels and screens. All designs are made suitable for Streamlabs OBS, OBS Studio and X-Split Broadcaster as well as services such as Streamlabs, Stream Elements, Muxy and more.
The Twitch community contributes back to the streamers by subscribing to their stream and often by giving donations through different methods. In this tutorial, we will how you can set up donations on Twitch. The community or the audience can make donations that ultimately helps the streamers to stream continuously.
There are different ways through which you can set up donations on Twitch. Moreover, you can decide the type of donations that you can set up on your account. We will be discussing the different ways you can set up donations on Twitch and guide you through them.
Read more: How to Host Someone on Twitch
How to set up Donations on Twitch through PayPal
You can connect your PayPal account to your Twitch account so that the donations that are made are deposited into your PayPal account directly. There are two methods through which you can set up PayPal on your Twitch account for donation. The first method to set up donations on Twitch using your PayPal account is given below.
- Start your browser and visit the Twitch website twitch.tv.
- Now, Log into your account using your credentials.
- Now, click on your profile’s username. It is present in the top – right corner of the screen.
- Click on the option of “Channel” from the drop-down menu that appears. A new page will be opened which will contain the channel feed.
- Now, click on the option of “Edit Panels”, as this will allow you to add a field on your channel. You can use the added field to write descriptions.
- Click on the plus sign (+). This will add a new panel.
- Now, add the details in the Panel. Add your Paypal.me address along with a short description for your audience as a description for the panel.
- Finally, click “Save”.
After following this process, you will have a new panel in your channel description that will show the PayPal donation box. Your audience can then donate to your PayPal by clicking on the donation link.
Must Read: How to Transfer Money from Bank or Credit Card to PayPal
How to Create a PayPal Donate Button for Twitch
The second method involves you making a button on your PayPal account and then linking that to your Twitch account. Follow the steps to do so.
- Navigate to the PayPal account and sign into your account using your credentials.
- Click on the option of “Profile” and then select the option of “my selling tools”.
- Navigate to the “PayPal Buttons” and click on the option of “Update”.
- Click on the option that asks to “Create New Button”.
- Choose the type of button as “Donation”.
- Now, add your Twitch channel name. It provides the option of customization of the donation banner, so if you want to customize your donation link you can do so by clicking on the option of “Customize Text or Appearance”.
- After you are done with designing the donation button, then select the currency for the donation.
- Now, click on the option of “Create Button”.
- Now, navigate to the “Email tab” and then follow the option of the “Select Code”.
- “Copy “the code that is displayed on the section. This is your PayPal account link that you will be using to link the donations on Twitch.
- Now, navigate to the Twitch website and then sign into your account. Once you have signed into your account, then click on your username present at the top – right of the screen.
- Select the “Channel” option.
- Navigate to “admin button” and then click on the “select” option.
- Click on the “+” plus sign that is used to add a new panel.
- Now, name the panel “Donation” as a title. Add any custom image or banner that you would have made for your channel using the option of “Add image”.
- Click on the option of “Done”.
- Then, select the “Image Links to” option and then paste the link that you have copied in the Step 10.
- Add a description for your audience.
You can then navigate to the “Admin” button and you would be able to see the new reflected change on your channel page. This is a tedious process and required attention. Following this steps will help you to set up donations on Twitch.
Read more: How to Refund Games on Steam – Directly in Bank Account
How to set up donations on Twitch through Stream Labs
StreamLabs is a widget created by Logitech that is used by different platforms such as Twitch, YouTube, etc. This widget utility allows the streamers to accept or receive donations from their audience. Follow the steps to set up donations on Twitch through Stream Labs successfully.
- Go to the Stream Labs website, and Login with Twitch.
- Go to your username in the top – right of the screen.
- Now, click on the “Dashboard” option present in the drop –down menu.
- Click on the option of “Donation Settings”.
- Now, select the method of payment. You can choose from different payment options such as PayPal, Skrill, debit cards, etc.
- Click on tab for “Settings”. From this tab, you can control the minimum and the maximum donation limit. Moreover, you can select the donation currency.
- Save the settings by clicking the “Save Settings” button. The donation link will be displayed on the Settings page. Copy the link.
- Open your Twitch account and click on your username at the top-right of the screen.
- Click on the tab for “Channel” present in the drop-down menu.
- Now, click on “Edit Panels” and then click on the (+) sign. This will add a new panel.
- Now, fill in the details for the title and the description of the newly added title.
- Finally, add your link that you copied in the Step 7 to the description and click on the “Save” option.
Following this steps will help you to set up donations on Twitch through Stream Labs.
Read more: Top 10 Best Hamachi Alternatives
How to set up donations on Twitch through Twitch Bits
Twitch provides the streamers an option of Twitch Bits. These are small amount donations from the audience that they can donate either through PayPal or through the Amazon Payments. These Bits Are Twitch’s virtual currency that is only utilized on the Twitch Platform. You can enable the option of “Cheering with Bits” and set up donations on Twitch through the Twitch Bits. Follow the steps given below to do so.
- Go to Twitch and log into your account.
- Click on the username present at the top – right of the screen.
- Click on the “Dashboard” option from the drop-down menu that appeared.
- Select the option of “Partner Settings”.
- Select the option of “Cheers” options. This allows the use of Twitch’s currency that is the Bits. The audience uses the cheers options to spend Twitch Bits.
- Finally, click on the option of “Enable Cheering with Bits”.
Following these steps will enable the Cheering options and your audience can now donate using the Twitch Bits.
Read more: Best Video Sharing Sites
How to set up donations on Twitch through Cryptocurrencies
Cryptocurrency is a really popular form on virtual currency. With the introduction of Bitcoin, Ethereum, etc. in the market of cryptocurrency, there is an increase in the transaction of these currency for different purposes. The use of cryptocurrency and transaction is really efficient due to its security and speed.
Follow the steps through which you can set up donations of Twitch using cryptocurrencies. This will need you to have a Wallet first. The Wallet is used as a safe place to store your cryptocurrency. We recommend you to use the “Bitpay” wallet as it is a really good wallet for beginners and new users.
- Start the wallet that you have set up.
- Now, click on the button of “Receive”. You will see a random character’s address; this will be your address of wallet.
- Copy this address.
- Now, Go to your Twitch channel. Click on “Edit Panels” option and then click on the “+” plus sign. Now, fill the newly made panel with name and description.
- Finally, you need to add your wallet address to the description box. Make sure that you are specifying the cryptocurrency that the wallet receives or the one that the wallet is made for.
Follow these steps to set up donations on twitch using the cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum.
Read more: How to Record Gameplay on PC for FREE
Twitch gives the streamers a method so that they can generate more income as for some streamers, streaming on Twitch is a full-time job, and they end up becoming Twitch partner. Make sure to follow only these donation methods as they are safe and you will get the money which is donated. This article discusses the ways that you can use to set up donations on Twitch.
Ready to start streaming to Twitch with Streamlabs OBS? In reality, this app is nearly identical to the parent recording system of OBS. However, there are a few additions which will make certain aspects much easier.
For example, you can quickly port your follower and subscriber alerts through your Streamlabs account.
Today, I’m going to show you how to set up Twitch with Streamlabs OBS and how it can help you. In just a few moments, you can start building your audience on one of the biggest gaming platforms on the Internet.Setting Up Twitch with Streamlabs OBS
Setting Up Twitch with Streamlabs OBS
For this tutorial, I’m going to assume you have a Twitch account, installed the Streamlabs OBS software and have a Streamlabs account. You’ll need all three of these to continue with this tutorial.
If you don’t have them, they are all free to use and take just a few minutes to set up.
Connecting Streamlabs OBS to Twitch
To connect Streamlabs OBS to Twitch, it’s just a matter of signing and authorizing the app. Using a token system, Twitch sends a text message by phone to verify the account is being accessed.
You must have your phone linked to your account in order to send the verification token.
1. Open Streamlabs OBS on your computer.
If you’ve never opened or connected Twitch with Streamlabs OBS, it should prompt you to do so. That’s what happened in my case.
It should display a sign-in screen. From here, you can select which platform you want to connect. In this case, we’ll connect to Twitch.
2. Click the Twitch icon.
The login screen for Twitch will load up in a pop-up window. You can also choose the option to remember your computer for 30 days. At which point, you’ll have to sign in again.
3. Enter your information and click, “Log In.”
4. Enter the token and click, “Submit.”
The next pop-up is the Authorization screen. This tells you everything Streamlabs will collect and control of your Twitch account.
5. Click the “Authorize” button to continue.
Now, Streamlabs OBS should be connected to Twitch.
Using the Settings Screen for Services
You can access other services through the settings window in Streamlabs OBS. This way, you can switch to whatever system you want to broadcast on.
For instance, you can choose to stream on Twitch, Facebook, YouTube or any other that is supported.
Twitch Stream Labs Obs
Click the settings icon on the bottom left of Streamlabs OBS.
Click the “Stream” option. This should be directly under General on the left of the screen.
From this screen, you can select what platform you want to use.
NOTE: Some options are only available for Prime members, which costs you about $12 per month through Streamlabs.
Using the Twitch Stream Key
What if you want to use the Stream Key from Twitch in Streamlabs OBS? In reality, the login method should work perfectly. But if for some reason you need to enter it manually, it’s not all that difficult.
For example, I wasn’t able to log into Twitch using XSplit Broadcaster and had to manually enter the Stream Key. I’m not sure why the login failed, but it happens.
Getting the Twitch Stream Key
You can find the Stream Key for Twitch in the Preferences section under Channel. It’s the first field on that screen.
Open your stream manager for your Twitch account.
Click the “Preferences” option on the left.
Click the “Channel” option.
At the top, you’ll see “Primary Stream key.” This is the key you’ll want to use in any streaming software you use. It’s important that you do not share this key with anyone. Otherwise, they can take over your broadcast.
Click the “Copy” button to get the key. Don’t worry about showing the character string. It will copy just fine without being able to read it.
My Stream Labs
Adding the Stream Key to Streamlabs OBS
Go to your Streamlabs OBS software and open the Settings window as I showed above. It’s the gear icon on the bottom left.
Click on the “Stream” section.
Click the “Stream to custom ingest” link on this page.
Here, you can change a few settings. Since we’re streaming to Twitch, everything might already be filled in for you. In my case, Twitch was already the default Service.
Another thing to note is the “Server” option. It’s usually best to use the Twitch server closest to your actual location. It’ll reduce latency between you and the live feed.
Paste the Stream Key you copied earlier into the field of Streamlabs OBS.
Click the “Done” button and you’re ready to go.
Twitch Labs Obs
As I said, though, you shouldn’t have to use your Twitch Stream Key if everything is set up correctly for both Twitch and Streamlabs.
What Else Can You Do with Streamlabs OBS?
Streamlabs OBS comes with a variety of features. Unfortunately, many of them are locked behind the paywall.
However, you can add animated overlays to make your stream stand out, quickly add stream alerts, and have access to a myriad of apps to add to the software.
The downside is that there doesn’t look to be very much in terms of free. This means your Twitch feed needs to generate enough money to cover the $19 per month (or $149.04 if you pay for the year).
Otherwise, it’s not a value and you’re losing more money than you’re making.
But even if you don’t buy into all the bells-and-whistles that come with Streamlabs OBS, the free software itself is very easy to use and can help get you started.
Before you pay money for the “Prime” account, though, you should still consider whether it’s a good value to your broadcast or not. Because the bells-and-whistles can make your stream stand out, but they don’t guarantee you’ll make money from your live stream.
Streaming On Twitch is a Breeze with Streamlabs OBS
One of the best things about using Streamlabs OBS is how easy it is to connect things like your alert box or change layout themes. Think of it as a simplified version of using OBS.
There are all kinds of fun things you can do with this software. Explore how you can add more to your live stream on Twitch with Streamlabs OBS.
Twitch Forge Labs
- What is Dungeon Alchemist, and Should You Care? - March 3, 2021
- Why We Still Play: Bejeweled 3 on Steam - February 17, 2021
- Would You Take Advantage of In-Room Hotel Fitness Gear? - February 12, 2021